With the following data protection declaration, we would like to explain to you which types of your personal data (hereinafter also referred to as “data”) we process for which purposes and to what extent. The data protection declaration applies to all processing of personal data carried out by us, both within the framework of the provision of our services and, in particular, on our websites, in mobile applications and within external online presences, such as our social media profiles (hereinafter collectively referred to as “online offer”).
The terms used are not gender specific.
As of May 4, 2022
Gebu-tec GmbH Präzisions- und Zerspanungstechnik
Authorized persons: Jan Geburek
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Overview of processing
The following overview summarizes the types of data processed and the purposes of their processing and refers to the data subjects.
Types of data processed
– inventory data
– payment details
– Contact details
– Content Data
– contract data
– Usage Data
– Meta/Communication Data
Categories of data subjects
– interested persons
– communication partner
– Business and contractual partners
purposes of processing
– Provision of contractual services and customer service
– Contact requests and communication
– Office and organizational procedures
– Management and response to inquiries
– Provision of our online offer and user-friendliness
Relevant legal bases
Below you will find an overview of the legal bases of the GDPR, on the basis of which we process personal data. Please note that, in addition to the provisions of the GDPR, national data protection regulations may apply in your or our country of residence or domicile. If more specific legal bases are relevant in individual cases, we will inform you of them in the data protection declaration.
- Fulfillment of contract and pre-contractual inquiries (Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. b. GDPR) – The processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or for the implementation of pre-contractual measures that are taken at the request of the data subject.
- Legal obligation (Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. c. GDPR) – Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject.
- Legitimate interests (Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f. GDPR) – Processing is necessary to protect the legitimate interests of the person responsible or a third party, unless the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject, which require the protection of personal data, prevail.
In addition to the data protection regulations of the General Data Protection Regulation, national data protection regulations apply in Germany. This includes in particular the law on the protection against misuse of personal data in data processing (Federal Data Protection Act – BDSG). In particular, the BDSG contains special regulations on the right to information, the right to erasure, the right to object, the processing of special categories of personal data, processing for other purposes and transmission, as well as automated decision-making in individual cases, including profiling. Furthermore, it regulates data processing for the purposes of the employment relationship (§ 26 BDSG), in particular with regard to the establishment, implementation or termination of employment relationships and the consent of employees. Furthermore, state data protection laws of the individual federal states may apply.
We take appropriate technical and organizational measures in accordance with the legal requirements, taking into account the state of the art, the implementation costs and the type, scope, circumstances and purposes of the processing as well as the different probabilities of occurrence and the extent of the threat to the rights and freedoms of natural persons to ensure a level of protection appropriate to the risk.
The measures include, in particular, securing the confidentiality, integrity and availability of data by controlling physical and electronic access to the data as well as access, input, disclosure, securing availability and their separation. Furthermore, we have set up procedures that ensure the exercise of data subject rights, the deletion of data and reactions to data threats. Furthermore, we already take the protection of personal data into account during the development or selection of hardware, software and processes in accordance with the principle of data protection, through technology design and through data protection-friendly default settings.
SSL encryption (https): In order to protect your data transmitted via our online offer, we use SSL encryption. You can recognize such encrypted connections by the prefix https:// in the address line of your browser.
deletion of data
The data processed by us will be deleted in accordance with the legal requirements as soon as your consent to processing is revoked or other permissions are no longer applicable (e.g. if the purpose of processing this data no longer applies or it is not required for the purpose).
If the data is not deleted because it is required for other, legally permissible purposes, its processing will be limited to these purposes. This means that the data will be blocked and not processed for other purposes. This applies, for example, to data that must be stored for commercial or tax reasons or whose storage is necessary to assert, exercise or defend legal claims or to protect the rights of another natural or legal person.
Our data protection information can also contain further information on the storage and deletion of data, which apply primarily to the respective processing.
Cookies are small text files or other memory notes that store information on end devices and read information from the end devices. For example, to save the login status in a user account, the content of a shopping cart in an e-shop, the content accessed or the functions used in an online offer. Cookies can also be used for various purposes, e.g. for the purpose of functionality, security and comfort of online offers as well as the creation of analyzes of visitor flows.
storage duration: With regard to the storage period, the following types of cookies are distinguished:
- Temporary cookies (also: session or session cookies): Temporary cookies are deleted at the latest after a user has left an online offer and closed his end device (e.g. browser or mobile application).
- Persistent cookies: Permanent cookies remain stored even after the end device is closed. For example, the login status can be saved or preferred content can be displayed directly when the user visits a website again. Likewise, the user data collected with the help of cookies can be used to measure reach. Unless we provide users with explicit information on the type and storage period of cookies (e.g. when obtaining consent), users should assume that cookies are permanent and the storage period can be up to two years.
General information on revocation and objection (opt-out): Users can revoke the consent they have given at any time and also object to the processing in accordance with the legal requirements in Art. 21 DSGVO (further information on the objection is provided in this data protection declaration). Users can also declare their objection using the settings in their browser.
Further information on processing processes, procedures and services:
We process data from our contractual and business partners, e.g. customers and interested parties (collectively referred to as “contractual partners”) within the framework of contractual and comparable legal relationships and related measures and within the framework of communication with the contractual partners (or pre-contractual), e.g respond.
We process this data to fulfill our contractual obligations. This includes in particular the obligations to provide the agreed services, any updating obligations and remedy in the case of warranty and other service disruptions. In addition, we process the data to protect our rights and for the purpose of the administrative tasks associated with these obligations and the corporate organization. In addition, we process the data on the basis of our legitimate interests in proper and economical business management and security measures to protect our contractual partners and our business operations from misuse, endangerment of their data, secrets, information and rights (e.g. to involve telecommunications, transport and other auxiliary services as well as subcontractors, banks, tax and legal advisors, payment service providers or tax authorities). Within the framework of the applicable law, we only pass on the data of contractual partners to third parties to the extent that this is necessary for the aforementioned purposes or to fulfill legal obligations. The contractual partners will be informed about other forms of processing, e.g. for marketing purposes, within the scope of this data protection declaration.
We inform the contractual partners which data is required for the aforementioned purposes before or during the data collection, e.g. in online forms, by means of special markings (e.g. colours) or symbols (e.g. asterisks or similar), or personally.
We delete the data after the expiry of statutory warranty and comparable obligations, i.e., in principle after 4 years, unless the data is stored in a customer account, e.g. as long as it must be kept for legal archiving reasons (e.g. for tax purposes usually 10 years). We delete data disclosed to us by the contractual partner as part of an order in accordance with the specifications of the order, generally after the end of the order.
Insofar as we use third-party providers or platforms to provide our services, the terms and conditions and data protection notices of the respective third-party providers or platforms apply in the relationship between the users and the providers.
- Types of Data Processed: Inventory data (e.g. names, addresses); payment data (e.g. bank details, invoices, payment history); Contact information (e.g. email, phone numbers); Contract data (e.g. subject of the contract, term, customer category).
- Affected people: Interested persons; business and contractual partners.
- purposes of processing: Provision of contractual services and customer service; contact requests and communication; office and organizational procedures; Management and response to inquiries.
- legal bases: Fulfillment of contract and pre-contractual inquiries (Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. b. GDPR); Legal obligation (Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. c. GDPR); Legitimate interests (Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f. GDPR).
Provision of the online offer and web hosting
In order to be able to provide our online offer securely and efficiently, we use the services of one or more web hosting providers from whose servers (or servers managed by them) the online offer can be accessed. For these purposes, we may use infrastructure and platform services, computing capacity, storage space and database services, as well as security and technical maintenance services.
The data processed as part of the provision of the hosting offer may include all information relating to the users of our online offer that arises in the course of use and communication. This regularly includes the IP address, which is necessary in order to be able to deliver the content of online offers to browsers, and all entries made within our online offer or on websites.
- Types of data processed: content data (e.g. entries in online forms); Usage data (e.g. websites visited, interest in content, access times); Meta/communication data (e.g. device information, IP addresses).
- Affected persons: users (e.g. website visitors, users of online services).
- Purposes of processing: Provision of our online offer and user-friendliness.
- Legal basis: Legitimate interests (Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f. GDPR).
Further information on processing processes, procedures and services:
- E-mail dispatch and hosting: The web hosting services we use also include the dispatch, receipt and storage of e-mails. For these purposes, the addresses of the recipients and senders as well as other information regarding the e-mail dispatch (e.g. the providers involved) and the content of the respective e-mails are processed. The aforementioned data can also be processed for SPAM detection purposes. We ask you to note that e-mails are generally not sent in encrypted form on the Internet. As a rule, e-mails are encrypted during transport, but (unless a so-called end-to-end encryption method is used) not on the servers from which they are sent and received. Therefore, we cannot accept any responsibility for the transmission path of the e-mails between the sender and receipt on our server.
- Collection of access data and log files: We ourselves (or our web hosting provider) collect data for every access to the server (so-called server log files). The address and name of the retrieved websites and files, date and time of retrieval, amounts of data transferred, notification of successful retrieval, browser type and version, the user’s operating system, referrer URL (the previously visited page) and, as a rule, IP Addresses and the requesting provider belong. The server log files can be used on the one hand for security purposes, e.g. to avoid overloading the server (especially in the case of abusive attacks, so-called DDoS attacks) and on the other hand to ensure server utilization and stability; Deletion of data: Log file information is stored for a maximum of 30 days and then deleted or made anonymous. Data whose further storage is required for evidence purposes are excluded from deletion until the respective incident has been finally clarified.
Contact and request management
When contacting us (e.g. via contact form, e-mail, telephone or via social media) as well as in the context of existing user and business relationships, the details of the requesting person are processed to the extent necessary to answer the contact request and any requested measures.
The answering of contact inquiries as well as the administration of contact and inquiry data within the framework of contractual or pre-contractual relationships takes place to fulfill our contractual obligations or to answer (pre)contractual inquiries and otherwise on the basis of the legitimate interests in answering the inquiries and maintenance of User or Business Relationships.
- Types of data processed: Inventory data (e.g. names, addresses); Contact information (e.g. email, phone numbers); Content data (e.g. entries in online forms).
- Affected persons: communication partners.
- Purposes of processing: contact requests and communication; Provision of contractual services and customer service.
- Legal basis: Fulfillment of contract and pre-contractual inquiries (Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. b. GDPR); Legitimate interests (Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f. GDPR); Legal obligation (Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. c. GDPR).
Further information on processing processes, procedures and services:
- Contact form: If users contact us via our contact form, e-mail or other communication channels, we process the data communicated to us in this context to process the communicated request. For this purpose, we process personal data within the framework of pre-contractual and contractual business relationships, insofar as this is necessary for their fulfillment and otherwise on the basis of our legitimate interests and the interests of the communication partners in answering the concerns and our legal storage obligations.
We ask you to inform yourself regularly about the content of our data protection declaration. We will adapt the data protection declaration as soon as the changes in the data processing we carry out make this necessary. We will inform you as soon as the changes require your participation (e.g. consent) or other individual notification.
If we provide addresses and contact information of companies and organizations in this data protection declaration, please note that the addresses can change over time and ask you to check the information before contacting us.